13 Tips for Gorgeous Skin
gorgeous_skin1. Try to avoid applying foundation all over your face. In fact, there are very few people, who really need to have foundation applied all over their face. In most cases, it is simply necessary to have the foundation applied on the areas, where the skin tone is uneven, which is usually the area along the nose. Therefore, as for the winter time, when our cheeks have a tendency to ruddy, it is necessary to apply foundation on them as well.
- Take a tinted moisturizer into consideration. There are quite a big number of people, who whom foundation go on too thick. These people, as well as the rest of others can apply tinted moisturizers instead of a foundation. The major reason of it is that these moisturizers provide much lighter coverage.
- Blend foundation in a correct way. It is necessary to start the foundation blending process from the center of the face, and then blend it in an outward direction. Everyone is to blend the foundation from face to neck well, because otherwise people will easily notice the line between your natural skin tone and when the “mask face” finishes.
- Choose the proper color and formula, appropriate for your skin tone. There is no need to repeat that while choosing the foundation, it is necessary to pick up the color, which is as close to the natural skin tone, as only possible. And it is quite a bad idea to try to make the complexion deeper with the help of foundation, simply because it will appear to be extremely obvious. Therefore, it is greatly advisable to consider two shades of foundation, one of which is for summer the period, when our skin naturally becomes darker, than it really is, and the second is for winter, when our skin is of a lighter shade. And it would also be extremely important to choose the right formula for everyone’s skin type. As for the oily skin, matte foundation would be the best decision, while people with dry skin should better try a hydrating formula.
- Always apply concealer before foundation. It should also be pointed out, that concealer is generally to be used only for some definite face areas, such as along the nose, on the chin and under eyes. And another rule is once you have your concealer applied, there is no need to apply as much foundation.
- It is possible to apply foundation with the help of a sponge, a brush, as well as with the help of your fingers. Actually, there is no wrong or right way of the foundation application, everyone can choose the one, she or he prefers. There are makeup artists, who consider that foundation is to be applied with special foundation brushes, because then it becomes possible to get into all the crannies, nooks and pores, located on the face. In order to conduct this procedure, it is necessary to put a glob of foundation or tinted moisturizer on the back of the hand and dab in a synthetic brush, after that have the foundation applied on the face.
Therefore, there are also makeup artists, who strongly believe that foundation is to be applied only with the fingers, because it gets warmed up, which, in its order, helps it melt into the skin better.
And, finally, as for the application of foundation with the help of a sponge, this way also has its advantages, because sponge is believed to provide the best and even coverage. Still, which way to choose, depends on you.
- If you have found out that the foundation or concealer is of brusha wrong tone, you should not throw it away. It is really extremely difficult to pick up the right color of foundation and / or concealer, this is why there is nothing wrong, if you ask professional help at Sephora or at some makeup counter of a department store. Moreover, this way it will become possible for you to try it before you buy. Therefore, even in case if you already have got a foundation and / or concealer, which is a little bit off, you can do just like the majority of makeup artists do – blend a couple of mismatched colors and you will probably receive the one, you really need.
- How should these dark circles under our eyes be concealed. It is possible to make the dark circles under the eyes more neutral by applying with the help of a concealer of peach or yellow tone. You should dab the concealer on the inner corner of your eye by tapping it into place. It is also necessary to mention, that you should never run a concealer on like you would do with sunscreen or with foundation.
- You should not be afraid of bronzers. It is a widely known fact, that there is nothing, which provides warmth to the face, as a bronzer. Therefore, bronzers are to be applied with big brushes and light touches. It is also necessary to apply to all the spots, which the sun usually hits, such as cheeks, forehead and nose areas.
- Try to avoid this “cake face” as much as possible. In case if the skin on your face is oily, it is extremely necessary to make sure that all the oil is blotted before you apply powder on the face. Otherwise, the skin will look cakey. You should also try to use a powder – free blotting sheet.
- Set makeup with a primer. It should be noted, that primers are quite a new discovery in the beauty world. Still, they have already become “must – have” trend. Primers act just like spackle: they moisturize our skin, as well as plump it; in addition, they work by filling in any fine lines, pores and wrinkles in such a way, that neither concealer nor foundation will settle into them.
- There is nothing bad in natural oils. It mostly refers to people with oily skin. Nobody should be afraid of natural skin oils; it is even good if a face has some sheen, which provides it with more “dewy” look. And, besides, there is nothing good in having this cakey and too – powdered appearance. In addition, it is also necessary to mention, that oily skin has a tendency to develop fewer lines, in comparison with dry skin.
People with oily skin should apply some oil – free primer before the foundation, and this will help them keep their makeup on place for a much longer period of time. After the primer, some powder should be applied on the areas of the nose and chin. It is also necessary always to keep a pack of blotting tissues in the purse in order to be able to blot any excessive oils any time.
- Always apply moisturizer before concealer. You should keep in mind, that in case if concealer is applied on dry skin, it tends to settle into the finest lines. This is why it is necessary to make sure to have moisturizer applied first, because this will “plump up” your skin.